Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Apache Ant new versions (1.9.10 and 1.10.2) released

This past year has been pretty hectic, so I haven't had a chance to update this blog more often.

In my limited spare time last year, I started contributing to Apache Ant project. Although Ant probably isn't as widely used as some years back, it still is used in many projects, as the build tool. Some of the products I'm involved in, does use Ant and that motivated me to contribute to some bug fixes in Ant. After a period of time, last year, I was invited to be a committer and a few weeks back, to be part of the Ant project management committee (PMC), which I consider a honour.

Just today, we released a couple of new versions of Ant - 1.9.10 and 1.10.2. These are essentially bug fix releases but do contain some new enhancements. The complete release notes, for each of these releases, can be found  here and here.

The downloads are available from the project's download page and the full announcement, in the mailing list, can be read here

If you have any issues/suggestions/feedback about the project, feel free to report it in the user mailing list which is listed on this page.

No comments: